Z's does it right. The staff, ambiance(soft crooner music playing), menu selection with seafood freshly flown in, and wonderful flavoring of each dish is incredible. I had the Washington salad, Nosh oysters, Marlin(probably one of the best fish I've eaten), Jacks Sweet potatoes, and Coppola Pinot. This all was simply delicious.
To top it off, I have an affinity for Cheescake. All of their desserts are made in house, so I had to try their NY style Cheescake, and see where it stacked up compared to my top 10 list. It makes the list at #7. With a thick texture, soft crust, semi sweet flavor, and drizzled with strawberry sauce, it was a great way to finish the meal.
In case you're interested, here's my top 10 list:
1. Gambas - Merrilleville, IN. Original
2. Pittsburgh Blue - Minneapolis, MN. Original
3. Saul Good - Lexington, KY. White Chocolate
4. Corleone's - Independence, OH. Lemon
5. Capital Grille - Chain, Original
6. St. Elmos - Indianapolis, IN. Original
7. Z's Oyster Bar - Louisville, KY. NY style w/ Strawberry
8. Vic & Anthony's - Las Vegas, NY style w/ Strawberry
9. Brazeiros - Louisville, KY. Original
10. Cheesecake Factory - Chain, Banana
Whether you're looking for a special date night, or need to impress clients, I would highly recommend Z's.