Nearby points of interest
Nearby points of interest
A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Weekend Afternoon Menu - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner Tuesday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm,
Sunday & Monday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Happy Hour Daily (at the bar & communal): 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
George Burns Drive
$30 and under
AMEX, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Please contact Jessica Goin at Lucques Catering for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
You can park on the street at a meter, if available, or use our valet.
Private Party Facilities:
We have a private space that can seat up to 40 people sit down and 50 guests for a standing reception. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call the restaurant for more information.
Private Party Contact:
Email email@example.com: (310) 859-9859
Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Wine, Corkage Fee, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking, Outdoor dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Special Events & Promotions:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
AOC Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful place, lovely food, but be warned: dinner prices are vastly higher than Opentable's "$30 and under" ranking. We ordered a few modest share plates and one of the cheapest bottles of wine on the menu (most of which were between $150-400), and ended up spending over $200 for three people. Granted, everything was truly delicious. But definitely sticker shock vs what OpenTable led us to believe when booking.
Great cocktails, but rather pushy waiter that wants to make as much revenue by trying to make you order more dishes than you can or want to eat.
The cauliflower that we ordered was charred for about 40%, on which the hostess replied "that's normal, it goes with the campfire feeling and is necessary for the flavor". B.... please, your cook burnt the food, you should have take if off the check instead.
We booked a 8:15 dinner for a 60th Birthday celebration and requested a table by the fireplace to celebrate the occasion.
1) They sat us on the patio ( while lovely) our birthday boy was cold and we asked if we could have a table inside instead.
2) we waited about 10mins for someone to return and we were told they cant seat us inside ( nor did they offer us waiting a little to get a table inside ) note-there were a few tables inside available when we walked in that could seat 4.
3) They offered turning on the heat lamp instead which we said yes too. It took another 15mins for a maintenance guy to return to inform us that heat lamp (closest to our table was broke, but he can turn on the heat lamp next to it, which we said yes too.) He never returned to turn it on and we asked our waitress two times during the night to have it turned on and we were told yes and it was never turned on.
4) we order the pork tenderloin but we received the pork belly instead and had to wait a little longer for our last course.
5)Our food started to come before the bottle of wine we ordered came ( all was ordered at the same time)
6) Somm was lovely.
7) Food was good.
Terrific dinner once again at AOC!!! We were seated outside on their patio garden area and it was absolutely lovely. Definitely recommend this outside area! We enjoyed the handcrafted cocktails AND some wine. We shared several small plates and loved it all. Perfect little evening!
After having heard about this place for so long, it was really just nothing more than fine. Nothing stood out much, especially in this town saturated with great places to eat. I was also shocked by the small size of the $56 fish plate. Pretty ridiculous. In any other restaurant it would have been $26.
Great service! Great food! My girlfriend took me to AOC for my birthday. The food was outstanding, the service was great. Our waiter was very friendly and was really good about keeping my food allergies in mind when we placed our orders. We would absolutely go back.
Wonderful service and pretty patio. We shared the small plates and some were really small! The fried chicken and cauliflower were terrific. The lemon papardelle at $20 was a joke as was the clam small plate. The peach cobbler dessert was large enough for 4 to share if you just want a taste but it was so good you'd want your own!
Food was okay 4-5/10. Definitely small plates. Price point was average for location.
1. Bacon wrapped dates - good.
2. Corn pudding - okay, a bit oily and texture felt a bit under done.
3. Spicy Fried Chicken - tasty but if you prefer breast meat avoid. Chicken was thigh meat.
4. Papperdella with Squash Blossoms - good, fresh papperdella but portion very small.
5. Cauliflower - large portion, almost too much. Greasy and overly spiced, delicate flavor of vegetable was completely lost.
Plus - wine list was great and selection of draft was good.
AOC moved to its current location several years ago but this was the first time my wife and I ate there. The indoor restaurant and patio are quite nice and decorations are low keyed and inviting. The noise level near the bar was quite loud but we asked for a table in the back. This is a smalllates/sharing restaurant and the waiter was helpful with the ordering. Each plate was very good. The bacon wrapped dates were outstanding. The price was reasonable for a restaurant of this class and we will be happy to return
Please sign in to record your input. Thanks!
Report this review as inappropriate?
If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate.